Thursday, February 20, 2020

Pack it in



I confess:  I am spoiled.  I don’t have to leave home to work out because I have a spin bike and a studio with equipment for weight training and Pilates right in my house.  However, I do pack a gym bag when I go swim and I didn’t always have all this cool stuff.  Here are the things every gym bag should have (besides the obvious clothes and toiletries):

      Extra hair ties.  I don’t know where they go, but they vanish.  Sprinkle a dozen into the bag every few months to appease the gods.
      Snacks.  Everyone has, at one time or another, a calorie crash during a workout.  Having an emergency energy bar or gel packet or baggie of nuts and raisins can save our bacon.
      Extra water bottle.  These vanish, too.  Maybe it’s the gym version of the dish running away with the spoon?  The hair tie ran away with the bottle?
      Towel.  Sure, the gym probably has towels, but when the cap is not on quite tightly on the water bottle, having a towel right there is useful.  Hand towel is nice.  Bath towel is living large!
      Flip flops.  For shower or hot tub.
      Emergency sweatshirt.
      Extra headphones.  Because when they don’t vanish, they break.
•   Plastic bag.  Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment