Tuesday, October 29, 2019

DIY spa



I often have spa vacation fantasies.  I imagine going away to a place where I have a week to eat delicious healthy food, get plenty of exercise, sleep well at night, and get a massage or two or ten.  I visualize myself by the pool, having done my morning workout, relaxing in the shade before my tasty lunch and my afternoon meditation or facial or yoga class.

Here in reality land, it turns out that I can incorporate a lot of that stuff into my regular life.  Sure it’s not quite the same since I still have responsibilities and since I have to take care of the details myself, but it can be done.

So this week is a semi-spa week for me.  I have to plan meals anyway, so they might as well be ones that nourish me more in line with my health goals.  I can focus my workouts on restorative and relaxing practices like Pilates and yoga.  There is nothing stopping me from going to the pool to swim or taking the time to meditate.  I can even schedule a massage if I want one.

It might mean that the laundry gets done a little slower, or that I procrastinate a little longer on the housework.  No one will die.  And I might just find myself truly refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment