Thursday, October 5, 2017

Unfolding


I am not, by nature, a patient person.  I like to get started and get whatever it is done.  This is one reason that Pilates is good for me; I have to slow down a little.  I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who finds this useful, if occasionally frustrating.

When we slow down, we begin to notice things.  Maybe an exercise is easier on one side than the other.  Maybe there is one particular area of our spines that needs more warming up than the rest.

Some of those noticings can travel into regular life.  We find that we are shifting the way we hold our pelvis while standing in line at the store.  We realize that the desk chair is not helping our lower back pain.  Perhaps shifting the backpack to the other shoulder could help with that crick in the neck.


What might we see if we take the time to breathe?  What might unfold?

No comments:

Post a Comment