Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Back to Basics






I don’t know about anybody else, but sometimes my life feels kind of overwhelming.  I have so many tasks and responsibilities.  I get so busy and caught up in completing errands and crossing things off.  And suddenly I am not working out.

When that happens, it takes me a little while to notice and then a little while to gather my forces to take action.  And then what I need is to get back to basics.

 

Here are the basics:  do cardio for at least 30 minutes a day and do one weight workout sometime during the week.  I get bonus points for remembering to stretch.  When I have managed that for a couple of weeks, I’m ready to think about making my workouts more ideal for my body.  What that means varies by how I’m feeling, but it might include more weight workouts, different or harder cardio, more Pilates, more yoga.

 

I am a trained professional and sometimes I need to remind myself about the simplest level of working out.  That might mean that everyone else does, too.

 

So:  get in that cardio and lift weights at least once this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment