Thursday, February 2, 2017

A plateful and some cones


I used to work in a context where there were community dinners and every semester the new community members would get a chance to make a plate to use, partly because it was fun and partly because reusable plates are better for the universe.  When I made my plate, I put words on it that I needed to remember. They come from Angeles Arrien and they are:

Show up.
Pay attention.
Tell the truth.
Remain unattached to the outcome.

The words are pretty universally applicable, but in a fitness context, what they mean is that we do the work and let the results handle themselves.  When we come work out, we have to be there, we have to focus on form, we have to see/say what is really there, and then we need to let the work take effect.


What’s on your plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment