Thursday, May 25, 2017

In which we investigate clues from literature...


This is a picture of lavender.  Every time I see it, I think, “Rabbit tobacco,” because I spent many, many hours reading Beatrix Potter with my kids when they were small.  In The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies, the aforementioned bunnies eat some lettuces, which have “a very soporific effect.”  Who says children’s literature can’t use interesting words?  The resulting nap almost results in bunny pie, but the bunnies do get rescued in the end.

I am not writing this to encourage the reading of Beatrix Potter, although that is a perfectly good idea.  Rather, I would like to point out that what we eat affects how we feel.  If we are lucky in our lives, we will never be in danger of becoming a pie.  Nevertheless, it might be a good idea to notice how we feel based on what we eat.  Maybe we will discover that we can feel more energetic or calmer or happier if we include or avoid different kinds of food.


Experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment