Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Put It On My Account...



One thing that can help us get our workouts done is accountability.  We often feel like flaking on our own goals doesn’t matter, but finding a way to be accountable can give us much more success.

There are lots of ways to get accountability.  Heck, a whole bunch of my job is to be my clients’ accountability.  They show up because I’m there, waiting.  They keep working because I’m there to watch, encourage, cajole, direct, and plan.

Other accountability mechanisms can be cheaper.  Workout buddies, if everyone is equally committed, can do the trick.  Some people find that keeping a log makes them more likely to get in the reps.  Nudges from our Fitbits and other trackers serve the same purpose.

Lately, I’ve been making a point of taking a photo at some point when I am exercising.  (You may have noticed the uptick in dog photos, since, even if I do nothing else, Cricket demands a walk every morning.)  Posting those photos has made me more diligent about getting in the workout.  Point is:  do what works!

We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment