Thursday, September 22, 2016

There's a Queen song about this...


On some level, we don’t do fitness for reasons, or at least not the kind that make a handy list.  We do it because we like it.  Maybe not every second of it, but we like it.  And one thing leads to another.

I love my bike.  The better shape I’m in, cardio-wise, the more fun it is to ride my bike, so I end up doing spin or elliptical training or (trying to) run or swimming to cross-train.  The stronger I am, the faster I can get up the hills, so there I am, lifting weights.  Then there is that whole day-after feeling of tightness and I need to say hello to my Pilates equipment and my yoga mat.

But every time, what I go back to is the pedaling, the pure joy of being outside, moving, in the sun and wind.  That’s why I do it.


Why do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment