Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Join me?


I might need some patience in this post because my ideas are sometimes not as coherent as I’d like them to be.  Lately, I feel like it is more important to say something, even if I don’t get it quite right, and correct it later rather than say nothing because it might not be perfect.

We live in a divided and divisive society.  Conflict is everywhere, in families, among friends, even between our own bodies and minds.  Conflict, like stress, is not necessarily bad, unless we deal with it in ways that hurt ourselves or others.  At best, conflict is a challenge that gives us an opportunity for growth.

One of the reasons I love to work in fitness is that I find the strength that builds in our bodies empowers us in other areas of our lives.  When we become more mindful and flexible and strong physically, we also grow mentally and spiritually.  It’s a holistic process (I lived in Berkeley for 20 years, so I am allowed to use the word holistic.).

I also believe that as we grow, we have a responsibility to help others grow, too.  We can choose to connect and to learn together and to build.

End of the manifesto part.  On to the practical.  I may not be able to save the world, but I can open my studio.  On Friday mornings at 7, I will be teaching mat Pilates to anyone who comes.  (Message me if you don’t know where my studio is and all that stuff…)  We can take an hour to be mindful together while moving.


On every weekday morning, I’ll be in the studio meditating between 6 and 7.  Anyone who likes can join me.  I’m not an expert at meditation.  I have no formal training and no certifications.  I may be playing some guided meditation CDs or I may be playing meditative music or I may just be sitting there quietly.  I have some pillows and such for sitting, or bring your own.  I don’t have a lot to offer, but I can offer a space and a time for anyone who would like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment