Need a reward? One that isn’t super pricey and has no calories? Here’s a list:
1. Get the car washed. By someone else. Maybe even a spiffy smell.
3. A book in your favorite guilty-pleasure genre.
4. New crazy socks.
5. That song you can’t get out of your head, the one that makes you dance in the kitchen.
6. A stroll by the beach. Bring that special someone for bonus points.
7. One session of a new class, whether it is yoga or climbing or tai chi or spin. Something that opens your brain and your body.
8. A puzzle. Jigsaw, Sudoku, crossword, whatever keeps your monkey mind off the cookies.
9. Something that smells good, whether that is lotion or perfume or shampoo or even new laundry soap.
10. A long chat with a friend. Call someone far away or meet someone close by to catch up for real.
11. Make something. Take a photo, draw a picture, build a birdhouse. Learn macramé or origami.