Monday, April 11, 2016

Words of wisdom, so you know I didn't say them! Also, an elephant


One of my clients gave me an inspirational example of a positive attitude that I want to emulate myself and share.  We were working on an exercise that required her to use her core to balance.  It was challenging; that was the point.  She said, “I suck at this.  Make me do it more.”

No, I am not advocating that we all go around saying we suck at things.  What I am advocating is recognizing that there are hard things we need to do and acknowledging that we need to practice until we master them.


It is really easy to suck at something and do everything we can to avoid ever having to do it again.  How much more can we grow when we face up to those difficult things and build the strength and power to kick their butts?

No comments:

Post a Comment