Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thursday Book Report on Book Reports, with Color Commentary


I make a point of reading every day.  I admit that I love to read, so it isn’t exactly a burden.  I also think of it as my self-directed continuing education, which is why I manage to report on my fitness-related reading each week.

Sometimes, however, I have to slow down.  I have not finished reading another book that has relevance to this fitness blog.  (I am, however, deeply engrossed in Gregory Maguire’s Egg and Spoon.)  Life is not entirely about fitness, after all.

I am reading and coloring my way through Netter’s Anatomy Coloring Book by John T. Hansen.  Coloring is slow.  As the pallets of adult-oriented coloring books in stores attest, coloring has become a thing.  This is not entirely surprising to those of us who never forgot that coloring can be peaceful, meditative, and absorbing.  It is also a good way to spend time looking at structures and embedding their images in the mind.


So far, I have not colored very many pages.  I will be coloring pages for a long time.  I’m sure I will read things in between that I will write about.  For now, I will simply suggest that it is worth it to go deep rather than fast from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment