Wednesday, January 28, 2015

No forklifts, at least while your forks are recovering


I am not the boss of the universe.  In general, this is probably all for the best, but sometimes it annoys me.  I get frustrated when there are limits to what I can do at any particular time.  I stomp around and look for that magic wand that clearly should be somewhere.  Then I take a deep breath and get back to work.

Sometimes we can’t do all the fitness things at once.  Injury can keep us from certain kinds of exercise.  A large upcoming challenge in one branch of our fitness training might mean that we have to focus more exclusively on that and let some other kinds of training slide a bit until we are done.

This is all okay.  It challenges yet another kind of fitness, brain fitness, as we seek to improve our agility by juggling our priorities and our flexibility in adapting to whatever priorities come out on top.


Anything we do is better than nothing.  Setbacks and delays happen.  Adapt and come back ready to work when it is appropriate.  And if I find the magic wand, I will be sure to let everyone know.

No comments:

Post a Comment