Thursday, March 22, 2018

Storage Systems



I have never changed a tire.  I could, probably, figure out how and I expect I would muddle through if I had to, but I’ve never actually done it.  I keep that knowledge and experience in someone else’s head.

For some people, trainers are the someone else who keep the knowledge and experience for them.  Clients show up and trainers direct them.  It’s a workable system.

However, it is possible to learn from trainers.  A good trainer should be able to tell clients what a particular exercise is good for, what pitfalls to expect, and how to avoid them.  Sometimes trainers will tell you the muscles working, by name, and may even go into exhaustive detail about insertion points, eccentric contractions, and time-under-tension.  Take what you want, or let the trainer keep it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment