Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Spare Change?


Speaking for myself, I hate change.  I like knowing what to expect.  I like routine.  However, change is going to happen no matter how I feel about it.  The good news is that bodies thrive on change.

That’s one reason I post a new workout every week.  Our muscles respond to novelty by growing and changing.  We build new pathways by trying different movements.  Also, none of us wants to get stuck doing burpees every week.

Even if we have a particular workout we love, we need to make sure we are mixing it up a little, bumping up the weight or adding a cardio interval.  Yes, it means we have to think about what we are doing, but that just means we get to train the brain with the body.  All good.


Try it.  Try one new thing next workout.  It might be fabulous.  And if it’s awful, try something else the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment