Tuesday, November 7, 2017

When adding water is not a good idea...


I have spent the last week or so without my trusty Fitbit.  It was my own fault for assuming it was more waterproof than it was.  I took it swimming and it became unhappy.  My replacement model, one that is allowed to go swimming, should be here soon.

Being a little old-school anyway, I use a combination of old and new technology to track my activity.  I print my workout sheets and make notes with an actual pen.  But I found that I missed the small accountability of steps.  As I’ve said before, there is nothing magic about 10,000 steps per day, but it remains a useful guideline, especially if it is easy to see whether or not it has happened.


Whether or not we choose to use a fitness tracker, we can be healthy and fit people.  Do what works, which starts with doing things.  (If water is involved, we might want to check for tolerances!)

No comments:

Post a Comment