Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Keep Taking Out the Garbage


Not surprisingly, as a person embedded in our culture, I have too much stuff.  We all do unless we have consciously decided to go minimalist.  I don’t aspire to having only 50 possessions, or 25, or none, but I do want to have less clutter.  Some time ago when I was creating a goal list, I found that I could summarize pretty much everything I wanted in this phrase:  keep taking out the garbage.

This applies to fitness, of course.  I am sure I am not the only one who needs to think, continually, about taking the garbage out of my food choices.  Changing our body fat percentages comes down to taking out the excess garbage from our bodies by building muscle.


Taking out the garbage is work.  Sometimes it’s smelly and messy.  But if we keep doing it, we find ourselves in a much more pleasant place.

No comments:

Post a Comment