Thursday, October 12, 2017

More on excuses...


Yesterday, I posted about the two most common reasons people cite for why we choose not to exercise and how we can overcome them.  Today I would like to suggest that those reasons aren’t the real ones; they’re just the ones we think will get us out of the responsibility.  Really, we don’t exercise because we don’t want to do it.

Not wanting to do it comes in lots of flavors.  I’m tired.  I’m lazy.  I’m fat.  The gym makes me feel bad about myself.  My shoes hurt my feet.  It’s boring.  I don’t want to end up looking like a bodybuilder.  At some point, many of those may apply.

The trick is to find the ways to make working out fun.  Then we stop worrying about being fat, lazy, tired, and all the rest.  We’re too busy enjoying ourselves.

We can try:

      Going with a friend who makes us laugh.
      Declaring our own personal theme week:  wacky workout, anyone?
      Loud/energetic/silly music.
      A new class or teacher.
      Bribery:  bubble bath afterwards?  New murder mystery?


Let’s find the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment