Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Go Team!


When we work out, we have to remember that we are on our own team.  I’m not suggesting that we only work out in our own personal team jersey (although if that works, great!).  What I am saying is that we have to help ourselves succeed.

I work with a bunch of driven people.  It’s awesome.  They do amazing things!  But sometimes they fight themselves.  I want to see people push, but I also want to see them respect their bodies.  Getting mad at ourselves when we reach our limits does not help.

We need to approach exercise with openness and curiosity.  We need to observe how our bodies work without getting all judgy and paranoid.  Some days we will lift heavier things than other days.  Some days we can explore how we align ourselves with gentleness.  Some days we break through.


No matter what, the team does not do well with booing.  Root for the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment