Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I think this flower looks like a fried egg, but I don't know what it is really called.


I work in the evening.  That’s when people want to work out.  I love my clients and my job, so that’s all good.  And it means I need to plan ahead when it comes to cooking for my family.

Planning and cooking are two of the best things we can do to promote healthy eating for ourselves and our loved ones.  For some of us, that might mean spending part of the weekend making dinners for the week.  For others, it might be enough just to make sure that there are the right ingredients on hand for tasty meals that come together quickly.  The goal is to avoid that weak moment when clearly the right answer is to call for pizza.  Where to start?

1.     Make a list.  Yeah, lists are boring, but without one, we might end up without a crucial ingredient. 
2.     Make a habit.  This works better for some families than others.  If you and your family don’t have a high need for variety, knowing that Monday means chicken can save a lot of brain space.
3.    Consider a slow-cooker or instant pot.  Some of us have more time to prep dinner while making breakfast than we do later in the day.  Let the appliances do the work!

4.     Stock the pantry.  Figure out one or two meals that everyone likes that can be made from stuff you always have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment