Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Listen!


I was talking with a friend over the weekend who has changed direction with her fitness.  The kinds of exercise she was doing before stopped appealing; meanwhile, her body let her know that it had other kinds of work in mind.  She actually listened to her body.  It’s working wonderfully well for her and the change shows not only physically, but psychically as the stress decreases.

Oddly enough, in the same conversation, I was saying that I was getting back to my usual exercise and that it felt great.  My body wants what it usually has and is somewhat politely requesting a return to the status quo.


What does your body want?  Does it want something new?  Does it want what it always wants?  The most important thing we can do in fitness is to listen to what the body says.

No comments:

Post a Comment