Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Sort-of Book Report


I am reading slower than I would like these days because I have a lot of other stuff I'm trying to get done.  That means I'm not done reading the book I intended to write about today, so instead I'm offering a list of some of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks.

The Moosewood Cookbook and The Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen are two that I use often.  Unlike many vegetarian cookbooks, they have some quick recipes.  Family favorites include potato leek soup and brownies.

Fields of Greens  by Annie Somerville is also a great resource, but the recipes take longer to make.  On the other hand, they can be "fancier" for company.  I bought the book because I loved the winter vegetable curry, but I have liked every recipe I have tried.

Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone and The Greens Cookbook by Deborah Madison is a tome.  Almost all of the recipes take approximately forever to make, but they are worth it.  When I am at my most organized, I make batches of the various stocks ahead and can them, which makes the recipes take half of forever to make instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment