Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Rockin' the hard place


So I might be slightly obsessed with healing right now.  I’m sure that the obsession will pass as soon as the fascia in my foot allows me to bike again.  In the meantime, more thoughts.

Sometimes healing is a totally passive process.  I read seven books while I was on vacation because I had to sit still and heal.  My contribution to the process was negligible.  Sometimes I needed to add ice.  Patience becomes the exercised skill.

The active parts of healing, I think, are often about the bodily equivalent of housework.  Clean out the refrigerator and get fresh vegetables.  Toss out the worn out shoes.  Do the maintenance.  In other words, eat decently, stretch, plan, strategize for the future.


Laughing is also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment