Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thursday Reading: Time's Special Edition on The Science of Happiness


Time has a special edition out right now on the science of happiness.  It’s not a book, but I did read it and find it useful.

Much of the content of the magazine will not surprise anyone.  I think we all pretty much know that health and happiness enable each other.  We have learned that exercise, mindfulness, human connection, spiritual growth, and meaningful work make us happy.


That said, it is always nice to have data to back up what we know.  Also, I personally appreciate it when lists include new-to-me tips for how to apply the principles.  Finally, as a reader, I love learning about new books I can search out to deepen my understanding, and there are several mentioned in the text that I will be diving into soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment