Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I was just thinking...


What do we think about when we exercise?

“Ow, ow, ow!”

“I wonder if I remembered to send that email…”

“How will Perry Mason get his client out of it this time?”

“Only 29 minutes and 50 seconds to go…”

None of those are bad thoughts.  It is not that there is some magic batch of thoughts that are supposed to fill our heads while we are working out.  I would simply like to suggest a couple more kinds to add to the mix.

“What are my abs doing right now?”

“What happens if I do the movement more slowly?  More quickly?”

“Are my shoulders level?”

“Am I staring at my feet?”


Checking in with our bodies to see what and how they are doing every once in a while can help us maintain good form.  That good form will eventually translate into less  “Ow!” and more “I did it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment