Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I am not a pretzel and I am ok with that


I get to go to yoga twice this week.  Notice:  I do not HAVE to go to yoga.  I am not simply going to yoga.  I GET to go.

As I have said many times before, yoga is not exactly my strong point.  The odds are against my ever achieving a lovely lotus, a perfect pigeon, or an other than mangy mutt of a downward dog.  I love it anyway.

Of course, I also love biking and skiing and other things that come more naturally to me, but learning to take joy in activities at which I do not excel has been transformative for my head.  I can carry that transformation into all of my activities, even the ones I am good at, because I learn more when I release attachment to my own performance and its rating relative to perfect.


What else do we get to do this week to create health in our bodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment