Monday, January 18, 2016

Stylin'


I worked on a television cooking show once (not as a cook).  I learned a lot about food styling, which is all the stuff that makes the food beautiful in pictures.  It was interesting, but I didn’t think it was all that important.  I care about what food tastes like.

The thing is, taking the time to make the food look pretty does add something.  The combination of colors on a plate or in a bowl can feed the eyes (which are not ever bigger than the stomach, no matter what my grandmother used to say to confuse me when I was small).  The effort involved in arranging food on the plate rather than just plopping it there gives a sense of love to the experience.


Sure, we can all just eat pizza straight out of the delivery box, or dump our eggs on a paper plate to save clean up, but maybe we will be a little more fed if we don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment