Thursday, June 18, 2015

Don't crack up!


I’ve written before about how Thursday is the Official Day of Getting Nothing Done.  I finally figured out why.  It’s because I don’t take time to rest on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  By Thursday, I am wiped out.  My body and my mind tell me I can forget whatever I have planned; it’s not going to happen.

What this means, from both a life and a fitness perspective, is that pacing makes the difference.  We don’t finish a marathon or a triathlon or a century ride by going at top speed from the beginning; we choose a pace that can be maintained over the long haul.


Fitness does not occur in a single day (more’s the pity…).  Weight does not come off immediately.  Trying to do it all in one fell swoop leads to Thursday-ness.  Let’s be smart about things and take our time.  Or at least stop expecting things to happen on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment