Thursday, May 21, 2015

Why, yes, I do have my bike on my desktop


I’m in the middle of Steve Wozniak’s book iWoz, which is probably not anyone’s first thought about fitness reading in spite of his performance on Dancing With the Stars.  I haven’t got to that part yet.  Heck, I haven’t even got to the part where he goes to Cal or starts Apple.

What I have read, however, is about his fascination with making computers more streamlined, using fewer parts to do the same functions.  (Actual engineers can start making fun of me now for my super oversimplification.)  That is exactly what fitness trainers do when we work to get efficient motion and good form.  The goal is to recruit only the correct muscles with precise timing to maximize results.  We integrate the software with the hardware, so to speak, encouraging body and mind to work together.


When we are doing things right, we get an economy of motion, an elegance and grace.  What’s not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment